Some Wonders of Human Life:
- Child birth: Cells divide and multiply, forming different organs which work together, eventually forming a fully functioning living baby human.
- The feeling of Happiness: Walking on air, everything is perfect. Why can’t we always be happy? Can we choose to be happy all the time?
- Psychic functioning: Many people from all different cultures throughout history have demonstrated amazing psychic ability.
- Our 6th sense: We all have “gut feelings” that are never wrong.
- The birth/death cycle: What is our purpose?
- The location of the human mind: Scientists are baffled.
- Déjà Vu: You feel like “I’ve been here before” when you know you haven’t.
- What happens when my body dies? All of us have thought about this, but some have “experienced the truth”.
- Will power: An unlimited power which all humans possess, we can direct our consciousness to do anything. We can also strengthen it “at will”.
- Remote viewing: A form of E.S.P. which our government utilizes for spying. Men are trained to “see” things from great distances.
- Space-time: Einstein said that space and time are not two different things.
- Being sensitive to other people’s feelings: Sometimes we “know” exactly how someone else is feeling without talking at all.
- The NOW: The only thing there is. The past and future don’t really exist.
- Dreams: Why, How, Is there any meaning in them? Can we “direct” our dreams?
- The Ego: Our most outer-self which is not real, and it always wants to protect itself from death at all costs.
- The constant void inside us even after we fulfill desire after desire: Why is there this lack inside of us? It is not a physical lack, so then what kind of lack is it?
- The phenomena of Habit: Why do we do things over and over, and why is it so hard to stop this?
- Music that gives you goose bumps: How can differences in air pressure (music) stir your emotions?
The Most Fundamental Wonder of Human Life:
The Divine spark which animates a human being! The energy which breathes life into a human being every moment! This is a human beings connection to Divinity! Without this a human being would not be alive. Without this energy, the body is only a lifeless mass of elements like hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, etc., no different than a table, a rock, a spoon, or some dirt.
Exploring the wonder of human life:
We all “know” that the human being is highly evolved, magical, mystical, unlimited, and beautiful in divine ways, but how many of us explore and enjoy the depth of this? Why don’t we explore ourselves?
We ignore the most wonderful aspects of being human, and spend our time fulfilling worldly desires and never becoming content. We arrogantly act as if we know and utilize the full potential of our being. Can we admit that we are barely scratching the surface of our potential?
In a never-ending cycle we spend all of our attention on the smallest part of our humanness, the physical life, then become frustrated and unsatisfied with the results, and continue to think if I had more money, power, fame, etc. I will finally be satisfied and content.
Again, why don’t we explore ourselves?
Should we explore on our own without taking advantage of the wisdom and experience of the most successful explorers? Should we spend our whole life locating a place where a guide can take us in one day? Should we spend our whole lives reinventing the wheel? Or should we endeavor to learn as much as we can from the most accomplished individuals and benefit tremendously in the process?
Now, if I asked each one of you to design an effective spiritual training practice, how many of you could do it? How many of you would know where to start? Which of you could even describe the real goal of such a practice?
If we are wise, we will accept help in learning about ourselves. If we refuse to accept help from loving persons we are on our own, and because of our ego, it is all too easy to trick ourselves into believing that we are growing when in actuality we are not. Therefore we need this most important function of the spiritual guide: to be our reference, to be the lighthouse which guides us and insures that we are constantly moving in the right direction.
Spirituality does not say that we should renounce the material life. Spirituality says we should balance the material and spiritual/wonderful. Not renunciation, but enhanced living.